Recipe by Linda B
Need a way to use up that little bit of leftover coffee? Try this fast & easy ice cream syrup. You could use it over brownies, pound cake, or to flavor a milk shake. I found recipe in GOING SOLO IN THE KITCHEN (great cookbook for singles or doubles)! The sour cream variation is my favorite.
Top Review by LainieBug
This is a very rich syrup that I served with pound cake. Because of the richness of flavor, I divided the amount and served it to two people instead of one. This is also a very quick and easy recipe to make. (made for My 3 Chefs game)
- 78.07 ml leftover coffee (do not use instant)
- 78.07 ml brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 0.59 ml pure vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together coffee and brown sugar in small pan; then gently boil, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir in vanilla and butter.
- Serve warm.
- Variations: Add 1-2 teaspoons bourbon or coffee liqueur (Kahlua is wonderful) or stir in 1-2 teaspoons sour cream.