Great at coffee time or as a dessert. You could use apricot, strawberry or your favorite jam in place of the cherry jam OR just leave the jam off and make it plain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Butter an 8x12 pan or use silpat and line with waxed paper or parchment.
- 3Put the eggs, sugar and coffee essence in a large bowl over a pan of hot water and whisk until the mixture is pale and leaves a thick trail.
- 4Remove from the heat and sift half the flour and salt over the egg mixture. Fold it in, carefully.
- 5Repeat with the remaining flour and add the hot coffee.
- 6Turn the mixture into the prepared pan, tilting it until evenly covered.
- 7Bake just above the center of the oven for 10 minutes or until well risen and springy.
- 8Have wax or parchment paper drenched in sugar at the ready. Turn the sponge cake onto the paper and foll at once from the short side.
- 9Cool on a wire rack covered with a dish cloth. Be sure to put the loose end down.
- 10Whip the cream and liqueur together.
- 11Warm the jam.
- 12When cold, carefully unroll the cake and remove the paper.
- 13Brush with the warm jam and then spread with the cream mixture.
- 15Sprinkle grated chocolate on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Swiss Roll
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.5 mg
- Sodium 85.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g