Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is actually a quick bread even tho it's called a cake. It's something you won't be able to stop eating once you start (at least that's how I am). It's just sweet enough with a hint of the coffee.And you can use whatever flavor of coffee you'd like. I got this off a bag of Gold Medal Flour.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup general foods international instant coffee (any flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease loaf pan.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with yogurt.
- Remove 1 c of the batter and stir in the instant coffee.
- Pour half of the plain batter into the pan.
- Drop coffee batter by spoonfuls onto patter in pan.
- Add remaining batter and swirl deep with wooden-spoon handle for marbled effect.
- Bake @ 350 degrees 1 - 1 1/4 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides and remove from pan.
- Cool before slicing.
This is a nice, quick to make, snack cake. DH enjoyed it with coffee after lunch.
What a wonderful snack cake! I used a vanilla flavored coffee and it turned out great. I also used light butter and non-fat yogurt. Thanks for an easy and tasty recipe!