Make and share this Coffee Spice Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 9.85 ml Folgers® Classic Instant Coffee Crystals
- 4.92 ml hot water
- 118.29 ml Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml chocolate, decorator bits
- DISSOLVE instant coffee in hot water. Beat shortening, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and coffee mixture in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- DIVIDE dough into two equal parts. Shape each half into a roll 7-inches long x 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Roll in chocolate decorator bits, pressing lightly. Wrap tightly. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 6 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool on rack.