A tasty depression-era breakfast of convenience. Believe it or not, my grandfather started my mother on this when she was a mere toddler. Poor thing never stood a chance! She still loves her coffee, although she drinks it black nowadays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break the bread or toast into bite-sized pieces.
- 2Mix together the coffee, half-and-half and sugar.
- 3Place the bread chunks in a soup bowl and pour the coffee mixture over all.
- 4Sprinkle extra sugar or cinnamon sugar over the top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Soup
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.4
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 394.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g