Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a good smoothie. The cook time includes freezing time for the ice cubes. Make enough up so you have some on hand. You can use leftover coffee from your coffee pots and just freeze them as you go.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup coffee liqueur (Kahlua)
- Stir together first 3 ingredients until coffee dissolves.
- Pour into 2 ice cube trays, freeze until firm.
- Process cubes, ice cream, chocolate syrup, vanilla and liquer in a blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Oh my, what a refreshing treat, and the flavor was wonderful!! I used leftover coffee from this morning, omitted the coffee liqueur, put everything in the blender mixed for about 30 seconds. The result was amazing! I will definitely be making this one often! Thanks for sharing, jb4!
Oh my gosh....what a wonderful treat. I used nonfat milk, sugar free ice cream and sugar free kahlua syrup. Everyone should try this. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Tasted very good. I used a non-alcoholice flavored kahula syrup. Thanks jb4. Bullwinkle