1 hr 15 mins
J. Ko's Note:
Attention coffee lovers! This is a recipe I got from a pamphlet advertising Starbuck's Winter Blend coffee. I made them just before Christmas, using a dark roast coffee from our local coffee company, and they disappeared very quickly. All who tried them asked me for the recipe. I guess they aren't a true shortbread because of the addition of the liquid, but they sure are tasty! The yield is 2-3 dozen cookies. I think I got 3 dozen, easily, using a small star-shaped cookie cutter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee, room temperature (A dark roast gives the best flavour, but use what you have on hand.)
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg, beaten (egg wash)
- 1Set aside 1/4 c of your morning coffee to cool.
- 2Spread the ground coffee on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake in oven at 350 F for about 6 minutes, or until toasted. Cool to room temperature.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar together, then add the brewed coffee.
- 4Add the flour, toasted coffee grounds and chopped cranberries, if using, mixing until it is all combined. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- 5Roll out the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into any shape using cookie cutters. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- 6Brush the cookies with the egg wash, sprinkle with sugar and press a dried cranberry into the center of each cookie.
- 7Bake at 300 F for approximately 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (1024 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 84.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: