1/1 Photo of Coffee Shop Style Easy Cake Mix Biscotti
Very similar in taste and texture to the ones sold in your favourite coffee shops! Variations are endless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Pour the cake mix into a mixing bowl. Stir in sifted all purpose flour.
- 3Make a well in the centre and add the eggs, margarine and vanilla extract.
- 4With an electric beater mix on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes until the dough does not stick to the sides of the mixing bowl. It will look and feel like play dough!
- 5On a lightly floured board, divide dough into two halves.
- 6Roll each half into a log about 1" in diameter.
- 7Roll each log gently to the edge of the board and then continue rolling it onto a lightly sprayed 11” x 15” baking sheet.
- 8Flatten the top of each cookie log until it is about 3" wide.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes.
- 10Remove baking sheet from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 11Reduce oven temperature to 325 and do not turn off.
- 12Gently slide one cookie log onto the board that you rolled out the dough on.
- 13Using a serrated knife or better still an electric carving knife, slice each log across the width into 3/4" slices.
- 14Place cookies cut side down back onto the baking sheet and return them to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- 15Remove cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- 16Store cooled cookies in an airtight container or freeze.
- 17Variations include:.
- 18PECAN BISCOTTI: butter pecan cake mix - chopped pecans - maple extract.
- 19APRICOT BISCOTTI: golden cake mix - chopped dried apricots - toasted slivered almonds - almond extract.
- 20CRANBERRY BISCOTTI: vanilla cake mix - chopped dried cranberries - toasted slivered almonds - almond extract.
- 21ORANGE SPICE BISCOTTI: spice cake mix - walnuts - grated orange zest.
- 22GINGER BISCOTTI: spice cake mix - walnuts - chopped crystalized ginger pieces.
- 23CHOCOLATE-CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI: chocolate cake mix - chocolate piece or chips, freeze first so they retain their shape during baking.
- 24LEMON ALMOND BISCOTTI: lemon cake mix - toasted slivered almonds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Shop Style Easy Cake Mix Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1063 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 123.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g