Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An easy fudge recipe given to me by my husband's grandmother. It is made in the microwave. Cook time includes chilling time. ZWT 3: U.S. (fudge invented there, sweetened condensed milk, pecans)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8" square pan with foil. Butter the foil and set aside.
- Place pecans in a microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute; set aside.
- In a 2 quart microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, milk, coffee, cinnamon, and salt.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 1/2 minutes, and stir until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Immediately spread into the prepared pan.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from pan; cut into 1" squares.
- Cover and store at room temperature.
This was good, but I didn't care too much for the cinnamon. I would omit that if I made it again! Potzi
Good fudge, everyone that tried it really liked it, i will definately be making more of this. thanks for the recipe
I found this recipe in Taste of Home in 1999, and it's a fantastic fudge recipe. Even from the first time I made it, I got rave reviews and everyone wanted the recipe. You just can't mess this one up, and the flavors are excellent. Thank you for posting this!