Recipe by lucid501
An easy fudge recipe given to me by my husband's grandmother. It is made in the microwave. Cook time includes chilling time. ZWT 3: U.S. (fudge invented there, sweetened condensed milk, pecans)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8" square pan with foil. Butter the foil and set aside.
- Place pecans in a microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute; set aside.
- In a 2 quart microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, milk, coffee, cinnamon, and salt.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 1/2 minutes, and stir until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Immediately spread into the prepared pan.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from pan; cut into 1" squares.
- Cover and store at room temperature.