Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
since moving to pa my family has become addicted to shoofly pie. this recipe is great, with a pudding-like bottom, and a cake-like top. adapted from bon appetit
- 1 prepared baked pie crust
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chilled butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup mild molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- powdered sugar, for topping
- preheat oven to 350.
- in a large bowl mix flour and sugar.
- cut in butter until blended and crumbly.
- mix expresso with hot water in a medium bowl.
- add in baking soda, corn syrup, vanilla, salt, cinnamon.
- pour crumb mixture into crust.
- pour in liquid mixture, bake 35 minutes until set in center.
- cool on wire rack.
- sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Yummy recipe!!!! Love the blend of flavors. Made it exactly as written. Wouldn't change a thing, except maybe to make sure I have some coffee flavor ice cream next time to go with it!!!!