This is based on a Bobby Flay recipe, modified to use ingredients I commonly have on hand. I also BBQ the steaks instead of pan-frying. The rub adds a very nice spice to these delicious ribeyes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup coffee (finely ground)
- 2 tablespoons paprika (Spanish paprika is best)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 rib eye steaks (can use other types of steak as well)
- 1Mix all spices together in a small bowl.
- 2Brush steaks on both sides with olive oil.
- 3Rub each side of the steaks with 1-2 tablespoons of the spice mixture.
- 4Let steaks stand out of refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- 5Preheat BBQ grill to high.
- 6Cook steaks directly on grill for 2 minutes, flip and rotate 1/4 turn. Repeat three more times until steaks have been cooking for 8 minutes total, 4 on each side. The rotation will leave nice grill marks on the steaks.
- 7Move steaks to upper rack of grill, reduce heat to medium, and close lid.
- 8Continue cooking, flipping every few minutes, until desired doneness is reached. I find 1 1/2 inch thick steaks generally take 16-18 minutes of total cooking time to reach Medium rareness.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee-Rubbed Ribeye Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.8
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1883.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks