Abby Girl's Note:
This recipe rocks....you would find this in a 5 start restaurant!!! Don't pass on this one!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1 cup olive oil
- black pepper, freshly grounded
- 2 tablespoons coffee beans, coarsely grounded
- 2 tablespoons pecans, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (36 ounce) porterhouse steaks, 2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Vinaigrette: Whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- 2Rub: Combine the ingredients for the rub. Set aside.
- 3Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and rub with the olive oil. Rub the coffee mixture into the steaks all over, massage and pressing to generously coat with the mixture. Set aside at room temperature for 20 - 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat grill to medium high.
- 5Grill the steaks for 8 - 10 minutes a side for medium rare. Brush some of the vinaigrette on the steaks while cooking. Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for 3 - 5 minutes.
- 6Carve the steak in slices, and serve over a puddle of the vinaigrette.
- 7Note: I found that there was way too much vinaigrette needed. Unless you like lots of sauce on your foods, I would cut the recipe in half. I plan on using the leftovers on steamed veggies.
- 8I just bought a Magic Bullet mini chopper -- this made chopping up the coffee beans, pecans and black pepper a snap. Once they were individually grounded up, I combined the rest of the ingredients. I got giddy over an appliance!
- 9Porterhouse steaks are not cheep -- but the flavor that came from this meat was absolutely incredible. A cheaper grade of beef could be used, but make sure that it is well marbled.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Rubbed Grilled Porterhouse W/ Garlic/Orange Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1846.9
- Calories from Fat 1362
- Total Fat 151.3 g
- Saturated Fat 43.4 g
- Cholesterol 321.4 mg
- Sodium 1448.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 100.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: