Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from an employee of La Colombe Torrefaction, a coffee company.
Make and share this Coffee Rub Chicken Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 dried orange peel
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin on)
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced thin
- 6 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine spices and mix with oil to make a paste. Place the thighs in a mixing bowl and add the spice paste mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place the chicken thighs (evenly spaced) on a foil or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken thighs for 45 minutes, giving the fat enough time to render out as much as possible and get the skin crisp. The meat will also be fork tender after this amount of time. Remove the chicken from the oven to cool, but leave the oven on.
- When the chicken has cooled until it’s easy enough to handle, turn over the thighs (skin side down) onto a small pan and using a paring knife, cut along each side of the bone. Carefully pull the thighbone out, leaving the meat intact.
- Turn the thighs back over (skin side up) and top with the cheese. Place back in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese, about 10 minutes.
- While the cheese is melting, toast the English muffin.
- Shingle the slices of avocado onto the bottoms of the English muffins, top with a boneless coffee-roasted chicken thigh, and then finish with a slice of tomato. Close with top half of the English muffin.