Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy to make and no cooking involved. Cooking time indicated is standing and chilling time. Kaluha can also be used in place of rum or brandy.
- 59.16 ml raisins
- 44.37 ml rum (or brandy)
- 50 g golden caster sugar
- 88.74 ml strong black coffee
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 142 ml double cream
- 50 g dark chocolate, grated
- icing sugar, for dusting
- In small bowl, mix together raisins, rum, sugar and 4 tablespoons of the coffee. Stir well and leave to sit for 1 hour.
- Lightly beat ricotta to soften. Gradually beat in raisin mixture.
- Whip the cream into soft peaks and fold into the ricotta with half of the chocolate.
- Spoon into four glasses or serving dishes, drizzle over the remaining coffee and sprinkle with remaining chocolate.
- Chill at least one hour and up to 4 hours. Dust lightly with icing sugar before serving.
I used rum. Next time I will omit the raisins. I think it didn't fit well in this dessert. I used plain white sugar. Coffee espresso. Rum. 35 % fat cream for double cream. No icing sugar for dusting. Delicious. A perfect treat for me :P Thanks :)