Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Tip: brew extra-strong coffee; make sure to let it cool to room temperature before using.
2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄3 cups freshly brewed coffee (room temperature)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup raisins
- Measure all ingredients except raisins into baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Insert pan into the oven chamber.
- Select Sweet Cycle.
- Add the raisins at the "add ingredient" signal.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a wire rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.
A recipe from this chef is always great and this one is no exception. The spices are just right and work well with the coffee. Next time I would add a extra 1/2cup of raisins next time because I love raisins. This recipe was very easy and was made as written. Make this, you will be glad you did.