Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
The flavors of S'mores in a slice of pie! From Bon Appetit Magazine.
- 9 whole graham crackers, ground finely in a food processor
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons nutella
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (not more than 61% cacao)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee beans
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs and remaining ingredients in a small bowl to blend. Press mixture on bottom and up sides of one 9" metal or glass pie dish. Chill until crust is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Ganache: Place chocolate and butter in a large bowl. Bring cream, coffee, and 2 tablespoons water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat; cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain cream mixture through a fine mesh sieve into bowl with chocolate and butter; discard coffee grounds. Stir until melted and ganache is smooth. Pour into chilled crust; smooth top. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Meringue: Using an electric mixer with clean dry beaters on medium speed, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until light and frothy. Add sugar in 4 additions, beating for 1 minute after each addition. Continue beating egg whites until stiff and glossy.
- Spoon meringue over coffee ganache, swirl decoratively with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Using a kitchen torch, if desired, toast meringue until golden brown in spots. Pie can be made 8 hours ahead. Keep chilled.