Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Looking for something a bit different for your next gathering? This is a real crowd pleaser! Smooth and tasty! A sprinkling of cinnamon or nutmeg on top is nice. Cook time is for chilling.
- 2 quarts strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- whipped cream
- Combine coffee, milk, sugar and vanilla, stir well.
- Place in refrigerator and chill thoroughly.
- Place ice-cream in large bowl.
- Pour coffee mixture over ice-cream; stir gently.
- Top with dollops of whipped cream.
This is excellent!!! I only made a small portion of this recipe.. otherwise I would have been jumping off the walls... from either the coffee or the sugar rush hehehe. Its so creamy and delicious.. you must try this. Dont forget the sugar... its vital lol... :-) The whipped cream just makes this so splendid! (I love whipped cream hehehe) THANK You SO MUCH!!! I'll definitely use this if I have a nice get together with some friends. I'll probably use this as dessert ;-)
This was great. Even people who didn`t like coffee drank it. Yummers!!
* * * Made for Comfort Cafe 2009 * * * This was very good! I had company this weekend, and whipped it up for us. I put everything into a Quick Stir Pitcher (Pampered Chef) which is excellent for this type of drink. I even put the ice cream in it. It made it almost like a shake. It was great. I also left out the whipped cream, but that was by each persons choice. I love flavored coffees (with LOTS of cream or ice cream), so I bet this would be good with those too. Thanks MizzNezz for posting!