Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just came across these in my travels. They sound wonderful.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Grease 8 lg. muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine milk, instant coffee powder, vanilla extract, butter, and egg.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add mixture to flour mixture and mix "lightly". Fold in pecans.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin to wire rack.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing muffins from cups, finish cooling on rack.
Thise were very nice, the coffee flavor is definitely there, but not overpowering - I used instant expresso powder. They were a little dry but I think I may have overcooked them - I wasn't sure if 8 large meant the oversized type muffin, so I probably should have peeked at them sooner. I cut the recipe in half and used a standard muffin pan, which made 7. I think mini choc chips would be a great addition. Thanks Annacia for sharing your recipe. Made for the Comfort Cafe July 09