Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This one's from Rose Beranbaum. I loved the rich flavor, though I must admit it was too intense for me to finish at one go. Cooking time does not include refrigeration time
- 2 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- chocolate-covered coffee beans or regular coffee beans, for garnish
- Combine the cream, sugar and coffee in a small saucepan. Sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top and allow to sit for at least 3 minutes to soften ( if it doesn't become moist, stir into the mixture and then allow to sit).
- Once the gelatin has softened, stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until bubbles form around the edges.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or a strainer lined with cheesecloth.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Divide the panna cotta mixture among 6 small custard cups.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap ( making sure that the wrap does not touch the panna cotta's surface) and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold, garnished with chocolate coffee beans or regular coffee beans.