Recipe by Aunty Dotty
Another Terry Durack recipe. Looks easy - another one I haven't tried yet but I'm cleaning up all my newspaper clippings! NB if you don't like sambucca you can use a good nut liqueur like amaretto..Cook time is 4 hours in the fridge.
- 400 ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee, very strong
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 leaves gelatin
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- anise-flavored liqueur, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream, milk and sugar in a pot and bring to simmering, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from stove and stir in the liquid coffee and vanilla.
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes til squidgy and soft, then drain and squeeze.
- Whisk the gelating into the cream til dissolved and allow to cool.
- Rinse four 125ml ramekins with cold water and just shake dry, then strain the cream mix into each. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- To serve, run a knife round the edge, invert onto plate, drizzle with liqueur ( however much you like! ) and scatter with coffee granules.