something different for breakfast.
Make and share this Coffee Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 1⁄3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 200 g Greek yogurt, plus extra
- Greek yogurt, to serve
- 200 ml milk
- 40 g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra
- unsalted butter, to brush
- icing sugar, to dust
- Mix the instant coffee with 2 tablespoons of boiling water and set aside to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Add the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- In separate bowl, use a wooden spoon to beat the egg, yoghurt, milk, butter and coffee until combined. Add to dry ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and brush with some of the extra melted butter. Working in batches, add 1 tablespoon of batter to the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then turn and cook for a further 1 minute or until golden. Cover and keep warm while you repeat with remaining batter, brushing the pan with extra butter as needed.
- Serve the pancakes in stacks with breakfast fruits and extra yoghurt.
- Dust with icing sugar.