These scones from the Dundee Hazelnuts & The Oregon Hazelnut Industry, look really good. I hope to try them soon.
- Measure milk and stir in instant coffee.
- Put flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; stir to mix well.
- Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub in with your fingers until the mixture looks like fine granules.
- Add sugar and hazelnuts; toss to distribute evenly.
- Stir in milk mixture; pour into the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms.
- Scoop 1/4 cup portions of dough and place about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425ºF for about 15 minutes or until the dough colors, but does not get dark brown.
- Put scones on a dish towel on a wire rack.
- Cover loosely with cloth and cool 1-2 hours before serving.