Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
another recipe from my mother from a Taste of Home Magazine
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate; cool slightly.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla; stir in the chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the chocolate mixture.
- Spread into a greased 8" square baking pan -- bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake) Cool on wire rack.
- For filling, combine cream and coffee granules in a small bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. In a small mixing bowl beat butter and confectioners' sugar. Add coffee mixture, beat until creamy and spread over brownies.
- In a small saucepan, combine chips and cream.cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened.
- Cool slightly. Carefully spread over filling. let stand for 30 minutes or until glaze is set. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.
Thanks for posting this. The brownies are delicious!