another recipe from my mother from a Taste of Home Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate; cool slightly.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla; stir in the chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the chocolate mixture.
- 3Spread into a greased 8" square baking pan -- bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake) Cool on wire rack.
- 4For filling, combine cream and coffee granules in a small bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. In a small mixing bowl beat butter and confectioners' sugar. Add coffee mixture, beat until creamy and spread over brownies.
- 5In a small saucepan, combine chips and cream.cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened.
- 6Cool slightly. Carefully spread over filling. let stand for 30 minutes or until glaze is set. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee 'n' Cream Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 84.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g