Recipe by Donna H
This is great for those times when I have a chocolate craving that just won't go away. It's quick, easy and makes a very small portion. I've tried it with semi-sweet chocolate chips, can't wait to try it with peanut butter chips and white chocolate chips. Great for an afternoon snack for the kids and it's simple enough that they can make it themselves.
Top Review by V2SJ
My 3 years old ask if we can make chocolate cake after dinner. I did a quick search and settled down on this recipe. I add 1/2 tea spoon of baking soda,1/2 tea spoon baking powder and juice from half of lemon as recommended in other review.. Mix liquid ingredients separately and then add all the dry ingredients. Cake texture was very light. Next time I would add extra half table spoon of sugar. Not sure if I would add more Coco, mine was pretty intense already. Chocolate syrup might work better.
- 4 tablespoons flour (not self-rising)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- nuts (optional)
- 1 dash vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Required: 1 coffee mug.
- Add dry ingredients to coffee mug and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add milk and oil and mix well.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Put the mug in the microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed. Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired.