1/3 Photos of Coffee Mug Cake
I was wanting a small serving of cake, but didn't want to make the whole box. This is what I came up with. It came out light and fluffy and hit the spot. I think it could be used with any boxed cake, but I used a Betty Crocker brand. Also, if you decide to use the real egg try beating the whole egg in a separate bowl and then pouring off about half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a 10 to 16 ounce microwave safe coffee mug, spray the insides with the non stick spray.
- 2Add 7 TBS of the box cake mix. (Save the rest of the mix in a sealed container for later use.).
- 3Next add the oil and water to the cup and mix thoroughly.
- 4Finally, add the egg and mix well.
- 5Place in microwave and microwave on high for 3 minutes. The cake may rise above the top of the cup, but don't worry. When finished, check center with a toothpick. If pick comes out clean, then the cake is done.
- 6Allow to cool for several minutes and then turn cake out onto a dish or serve right in the coffee mug.
- 7Remember microwave strengths may vary and this might alter your time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Mug Cake
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.0
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: