Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from another website about 5 years ago. A good way to use leftover coffee.
- 1 cup very strong cold black coffee
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400ºF, grease 12 count muffin pan.
- Put the coffee, sugar, eggs and yogurt into a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and baking powder. Add dry mix until just combined.
- Spoon into pans and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Since I always have strong leftover coffee, this recipe really appealed to me. Taste was lovely, but my muffins came out very rubbery, even moreso as they cooled. Followed the recipe exactly. There is a lot of liquid in the recipe, and I was probably a bit heavy handed trying to get it mixed in with the dry ingredients. Also used lowfat yogurt making these nearly fat free. Enjoyed trying the recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Well, I had a little bit of a bad experience with this recipe. I followed it exactly, except for a few alterations. I used sugar and egg substitute as well as whole wheat flour instead of the others, which probably contributed to my folly. They turned out a rubbery on the inside but perfect "looking" on the outside. The taste was a little bland though they taste pretty okay with butter and a little bit of hazelnut coffee mate (powder) sprinkled on top. I gave this recipe a THREE because I didn't follow it exactly...I hope others had better luck.