Recipe by Jon Chef Blizardry
A coffee mouse with cream cheese. GREAT RECIPE. Impresses your guests. And even yourself. I got it from Kraft Canada's Whats Cooking magazine.
Top Review by I'mPat
Tastes really good without being overly rich. Used extra light cream cheese but had to use thicken cream (double cream) as I didn't have whipping cream. I got 5 serves out of the mix (only needed 4 - now there's fight on as to who gets the one that is left). The only suggestion I would make is to use 1/2 cup of boiling water as I found it difficult to dissolve the gelatine properly. Also the DH suggested using a good quality drinking chocolate in place of the coffee for a change. Thank you Jon Chef Blizardry, made for Community Cafe Game.
- 2 tablespoons maxwell house instant coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water (room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese spread (1/2 of 250-g tub)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 6 coffee beans
Directions See How It's Made
- mix coffee granules, gelatine and room temperature water in small bowl until well blended. Add boiling water; stir at least 1 minute or until gelatine is completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add cream, beating until well blended. Add eggs; beat just until blended. Gently stir in coffee mixture.
- pour evenly into 6 dessert dishes. Refrigerate several hours or until set. Top each with coffee bean just before serving.