Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Doesn't get much better than this...
- 2 ounces strong coffee, chilled
- 4 ounces cold milk
- 4 scoops starbucks italian roast coffee ice cream
- To make double strength coffee, measure 1 2/3 cups of Starbucks coarsely ground coffee into a 12-cup coffee press.
- Add water that has just come to a boil.
- Allow to brew 4 minutes, then push plunger down.
- Pour into an ice-filled pitcher.
- Combine coffee, milk and ice cream in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Makes 1 serving.
- (Rachael Ray and Paula Deen both add sugar to their shakes, and I've started adding at least one packet of Splenda to mine. Just makes them so much better).
This decadent treat is well worth the calories!!! I wasn't able to get Starbuck's ice cream so I used Haagan-Dazs instead. I used about 1 cup (half of the pint) of ice cream since I wasn't exactly sure how much 4 scoops would be. I felt the shake was just right with this amount. Not too thick and not too thin. I used brewed double strength coffee and I did not add sugar. It was fantastic! Fortunately, I made it one afternoon when I was home alone so I didn't have to share either!!! ;) Bliss, you were right, it doesn't get much better than this! Thanks for sharing!
I just had this in the evening and it was awesome!!!! Thanks a million for posting!:-)