Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Marshmallows melted with coffee, layered with lady fingers and whipped cream - sounds good to me! Note: Cook/prep time does NOT include chilling time.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee
- 1 1⁄2 pints whipping cream (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 24 ladyfingers, split in halves (use the soft type not Savoiardi)
- In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, melt the marshmallows. Add coffee, stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Chill until cold.
- Beat the cream with the sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold 2 cups of the whipped cream into the cold coffee mixture.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9 or 10-inch springform pan with lady finger halves.
- Spread a layer of the coffee cream over the ladyfingers.
- Continue alternating layers, ending with the cream.
- Cover & refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve, release sponge from pan & dollop with remaining whipped cream.