Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Scrumptious melt in your mouth cookies.
- rice paper (you know, those wrappers for fresh spring rolls. If you cook on silpat not needed)
- 4 ounces ground almonds
- 6 ounces sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coffee extract (if you do not have make with 1 tsp instant coffee and 1 tbs hot water)
- 12 chocolate-covered coffee beans, to garnish (optional)
- Line 2 or 3 baking trays with rice paper or silpat.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix the round almond, sugar and all but one tablespoon of the egg white. Stir until evenly blended.
- Stir in the cornstarch, vanilla and coffee.
- Spoon into a piping/pastry bag fited with a 1/2 inch plain nozzle. Pipe one pans in large round circles. If you don't want to pipe, spoon onto pan neatly.
- Tope each with a chocolate coffee bean (optional).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned, risen and slightly cracked.
- If you used the rice paper, cut to fit each and leave to cool on a wire rack.