Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A recipe from last year's BBQ get together, this is really good, and oh so simple to make! For a really strong coffee flavor, add in another tablespoon of coffee granules (4 tbsps in all). This is like a cold cup of creamy coffee with chocolte added, it is just delicious, and a fantastic after dinner dessert to serve to your guests or family.... I know, I have made it on many occasions! What I have done in the past also, is layer the prepared mixture with a layer of Cool Whip topping, finishing with the Cool Whip on top, sprinkled with chocolate shavings on top of the Cool Whip. This recipe makes approx 10-12 desserts depending on how much you put in the dessert dishes, you might want to scale all ingredients down to half for a 4-6 serving amount. Prep time includes 1 hour chilling time.
Top Review by Engrossed
YUMMY YUMMY TO MY TUMMY! This is creamy and it has a GREAT mocha flavor with the hint of cinnamon. I used half and half, decaf instant coffee, sugar-free pudding and cool whip lite. It sure didn't taste sugar-free! I made a half of a recipe. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
- 3 cups half-and-half cream or 3 cups full-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 (4 ounce) size jell-o chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups Cool Whip Topping, thawed and divided
- chocolate shavings (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- With a wire whisk in a medium bowl, whisk together the instant coffee granules and half and half for 1 minute.
- Add in the two boxes chocolate pudding mixes, and cinnamon; whisk an additional 3 minutes, or until well blended (if desired this can be done on a low speed of an electric mixer).
- Gently stir/fold in 3 cups of the thawed Cool Whip topping.
- Divide evenly into fancy dessert dishes.
- Top with a dollup of remaining Cool Whip topping.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings if desired.
- Refrigerate for 1 or more hours before serving.