Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The perfect combination of rich coffee flavor and chocolate in a crispy cookie. I cut this from a magazine years ago.
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup instant coffee powder
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease two large baking sheets and set aside.
- Spread almonds in a baking pan and bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a cup, dissolve coffee powder in 2 tablespoons hot water and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- With an electric mixer set at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in cooled coffee, eggs and vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in flour mixture.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets 3 inches apart.
- Bake until edges start to brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool.