Recipe by mamacancook
I came up with this one in a pinch of needing to do something for my hubby for Father's Day and no extra cash. He loved it-now I'm thinking I will make this for Christmas and pack it in nice coffee mugs for my coffee loving friends, relatives and teacher gifts.
- 18 ounces white chocolate chips (Bag and a half)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (I used Nescafe Tasters choice)
- semisweet chocolate (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- On a baking sheet lay out parchment paper and spread out white chocolate.
- Place in oven until morsels melt (Only takes a few minutes).
- Remove from oven and spread out chocolate evenly.
- Sprinkle instant coffee granules over chocolate (you may choose to use a bit more-I just wanted a "hint" of coffee flavor-not to over-power the chocolate).
- Take a fork and dab (not swirl) the granules into the chocolate (you may need to return pan to re-soften chocolate for a minute).
- At this point you can either allow to cool so you may break it into pieces or add a few well placed chocolate chips on top (allow to melt by placing in oven for another minute or so) and "swirling" semi sweet over white with a fork for a "mocha" look Or melt semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle over white chocolate.
- Allow to cool in fridge or freezer for a few minutes.
- Break apart.
- Makes 4 snack size bag servings (The perfect size to tuck into a coffee mug if giving as a gift).
- Note: You may increase the chocolate to 18 oz (a bag and a half) and coffee granules to almost 2 tsps if you like.