Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another sticky cake, but made in the microwave this time!
Make and share this Coffee Liqueur Microwave Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Grease a microwave ring pan and line with paper towel by cutting a neat circle in the centre of the paper towel.
- (i often just spray it with non stick spray) Cream the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the self-raising flour and cocoa and fold into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Stand for a minute before turning out onto cooling rack.
- Pour the hot syrup over the hot cake.
- When cool, decorate with whipped cream and fresh fruit or grated chocolate.
- Coffee Syrup:.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a jug, except the liqueur.
- Boil in the microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring often to dissolve the sugar.
- Add coffee liqueur and pour over hot cake.