This recipe is from an old Woman's Weekly Cookbook. I haven't made it, but have been told it's fantastic. The servings and prep times are just guesses - good luck!
- 250 g plain sweet biscuits
- 125 g butter
- 375 g packaged cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 90 g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur (Tia Maria or Kahlua)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Crumb Crust:.
- Crush biscuits finely.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Press crumb mixture on base and sides of 20cm springorm pan.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese until softened.
- Combine with sugar and flour.
- Beat well.
- Beat in eggs, sour cream and lemon juice.
- Pour half cheesecake mixture into prepared crumb crust.
- Put roughly chopped chocolate, coffee powder, liqueur, water and lightly beaten egg yolk in top of double saucepan.
- Stir over simmering water until chocolate melts and mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Swirl half chocolate mixture gently through cheesecake mixture in crust with small spatula.
- Top with remaining cheesecake mixture.
- Swirl remaining chocolate through top half of cheesecake.
- Bake in 170 degrees Celsius oven 1 hour to 1 hour ten minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow to become cold.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides from pan.
- Put cheesecake onto serving plate.
- Top with prepared cream.
- Dissolve coffee powder in hot water.
- Put cream, coffee and sugar in bowl.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Beat until thick.
10 Stars...OUTSTANDING! Thank you so much for posting this recipe on request. We have been searching for this recipe for possibily 20 years now. This is the perfect finsih to a dinner party. Sorry I have waited so long to post a review, though mum wanted to make it for my 16th birthday. This was delicous and even though my friends and i were all so full from doughnuts etc, we managed to squeeze in a very generous slice lol. Thank you again soo much for posting. Happy cooking. Miss Pixie x x x :D