1/1 Photo of Coffee Liqueur (Kahlua) Cheesecake
Pink Princess's Note:
This recipe is from an old Woman's Weekly Cookbook. I haven't made it, but have been told it's fantastic. The servings and prep times are just guesses - good luck!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g plain sweet biscuits
- 125 g butter
- 375 g packaged cream cheese
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 90 g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur (Tia Maria or Kahlua)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1Crumb Crust:.
- 2Crush biscuits finely.
- 3Add melted butter and mix well.
- 4Press crumb mixture on base and sides of 20cm springorm pan.
- 5Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- 7Beat cream cheese until softened.
- 8Combine with sugar and flour.
- 9Beat well.
- 10Beat in eggs, sour cream and lemon juice.
- 11Pour half cheesecake mixture into prepared crumb crust.
- 12Put roughly chopped chocolate, coffee powder, liqueur, water and lightly beaten egg yolk in top of double saucepan.
- 13Stir over simmering water until chocolate melts and mixture becomes thick.
- 14Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 15Swirl half chocolate mixture gently through cheesecake mixture in crust with small spatula.
- 16Top with remaining cheesecake mixture.
- 17Swirl remaining chocolate through top half of cheesecake.
- 18Bake in 170 degrees Celsius oven 1 hour to 1 hour ten minutes or until set.
- 19Remove from oven.
- 20Allow to become cold.
- 21Refrigerate overnight.
- 22Remove sides from pan.
- 23Put cheesecake onto serving plate.
- 24Top with prepared cream.
- 26Dissolve coffee powder in hot water.
- 27Put cream, coffee and sugar in bowl.
- 28Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 29Beat until thick.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Liqueur (Kahlua) Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.9
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 217.1 mg
- Sodium 471.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 11.8 g