Recipe by CountryLady
I've been making this for years ........ it looks quite impressive in recycled salad dressing, vinegar, oil or pickle jars and makes a great hostess gift! This must be made at least 4 weeks before consuming.
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup dry instant coffee granules
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup brandy or 1 cup rum
- 1 (750 ml) bottle grain alcohol (or vodka)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar & water in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- stir in coffee granules; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat & cool to room temperature; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into decorative bottles & seal tightly; store in a cool, dark place for 4 - 6 weeks before serving.