Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are nice little biscuits with a butter cream filling in the middle, the recipe is from my BERO book I have had for many years. I love coffee biscuits and cakes but never drink the stuff, don't know why I just don't like it in a drink. I would much rather have these wee biscuits with a cup of tea. you should get about 60 so you will end up with 30 sandwiched together
- Mix flour and sugar and rub in margarine.
- Stir in egg and coffee mix well.
- Shape into balls the size of a cherry and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Sake in a moderate oven (325 350) (165 175) for 15-20 minutes.
- When cold sandwich together with butter icing.
- To make the icing.
- Cream the fat till pale.
- Add the icing sugar gradually and cream together.
- Add the flavouring.
- sandwich two biscuits together.