Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't made these but they sound yummy and easy
- 150 ml egg whites (use measuring cup with both cups and mls)
- 236.59 ml caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 4.92 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml instant coffee
- 29.58 ml boiling water
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar and vinegar until thick and glossy.
- Place the coffee and water in a small bowl and stir till coffee is dissolved. Gently fold into egg whites. Use a 1/2 inch piping nozzle on to a tray covered with parchment paper, or just spoon. If you don't have a proper nozzle, just put into a ziploc sandwich baggie and cut a half inch hole into a corner.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp on the outside. Turn off oven and let them cool completely.
I've just finished making these delicious little meringue cookies. I made the first batch on a nonstick cookie sheet and the next batch on a parchment paper covered tray. Definitely better using the paper. Thanks for posting. They're delicious.
Not posting my final review as there may have been chef error here. Made these as stated and found myself with more than 50 kisses from a half batch. Should note that with the addition of the small amount of vinegar resulted in the stiffest, glossiest and most workable whipped whites in my experience with this sort of cookie. I baked them for 11 minutes and turned the oven off. The cookies were very soft and tender, like a macaroon. Unfortunately, they remained stuck to the pan. Turned the oven back on and baked another 4 minutes, now they were a dry merengue which I don't think was intended. The results were divine none the less with a deep intense coffee flavor and just the right level of sweetness. Planning to try again.