Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom made this for my dad's birthday brunch. Husband and I loved it. This is an adapted recipe from Oso Grande Ranch, Pagosa Springs, Colorado.
- 4 firm ripe bananas, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- Cut bananas in half crosswise, then cut in half again lengthwise.
- Place banana pieces in an 11x7 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, lemon rind, and lemon juice; spoon mixture over the bananas.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Drizzle with Kahlua.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
My family really loved these. I wish though I had used a little less butter because it left the glave sort of runny. It didn't affect the flavor though. Definetly a nice change. Thanks