Recipe by Cookin-jo
Similar to rum balls, but with a coffee-Kahlua flavour instead. From Chatelaine magazine.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Made them to use up a bag of gluten and fructose free cookies which were impossible to eat... I think this recipe improved the cookies very much, but the cookies didn't improve the recipe. I don't like the strong Kahlua taste, so I gave them to MIL who said they were good. Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.
- 250 g vanilla wafers or 250 g purchased vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua or 1⁄3 cup other coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse wafers in a food processor until finely ground.
- Stir coffee granules in Kahlua until dissolved. Stir in corn syrup, 1 cup icing sugar and crumbs until evenly mixed. Stir in nuts.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper lined tray or baking sheet.
- Roll balls in 1/2 cup icing sugar.
- Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between the layers and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks but at least overnight. Flavours improve with time.