Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "Stop and Smell the Rosemary," the 1998 Junior League of Houston Cookbook.
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 pints coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- Crush Oreos in a food processor to a fine crumb consistency. Add melted butter and mix well. Press mixture into bottom of a 10-inch pie pan; freeze.
- Melt chocolate, sugar, butter and milk in the top of a double boiler. Cook over boiling water until sauce thickens slightly, stirring continuously; cool.
- Spread softened ice cream carefully onto crust. Return to freezer. Whip cream with liqueur until stiff, but not dry. Pour cooled chocolate sauce evenly over ice cream, then spread whipped cream topping over chocolate sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 4 hours or overnight. Remove pie from freezer 20 minutes before serving.