Recipe by bmcnichol
I must admit, I have never eaten this pie as I do not like coffee but this is hubby's favorite dessert. Since the kids and I do not like coffee, he gets the whole pie for himself :) Cooking time does not include freezing time. Adapted from Simple & Delicious.
Top Review by *Huntergirl*
I love coffee flavored desserts and my husband told me last night that this is probably the best dessert I've ever made. I've never made chocolate sauce and thought I was in hot fudge heaven after a taste...yum! I liked this dessert because it didn't seem overly sweet. Thanks for the recipe I will definitely be making this again!
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pint coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 (8 inch) chocolate crumb crusts
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate and butter.
- Stir in milk and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Spoon ice cream into crust.
- Stir sauce and spread over ice cream.
- Top with whipped topping and sprinkle with pecans.
- Freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.