1/1 Photo of Coffee Ice Cream
very intense coffee ice cream Source: "Fine Cooking"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, milk, and crushed coffee beans to just under a boil.
- 2Remove from the heat and let stand at least 1 hour for the beans to infuse their flavor.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- 4Pour the cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking until well blended.
- 5Return this mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens slightly, enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- 6Strain the custard through a fine mesh sieve and chill.
- 7Freeze in an ice-cream maker following the manufacturer's instructions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2929.1
- Calories from Fat 2038
- Total Fat 226.4 g
- Saturated Fat 132.4 g
- Cholesterol 2230.8 mg
- Sodium 478.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 190.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 151.0 g
- Protein 45.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: