very intense coffee ice cream Source: "Fine Cooking"
Make and share this Coffee Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, milk, and crushed coffee beans to just under a boil.
- Remove from the heat and let stand at least 1 hour for the beans to infuse their flavor.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Pour the cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking until well blended.
- Return this mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens slightly, enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Strain the custard through a fine mesh sieve and chill.
- Freeze in an ice-cream maker following the manufacturer's instructions.