Recipe by smoke alarm jr
An infusion of creamy chocolate and rich coffee! Enough to make one's tastebuds melt! This creation I made up was inspired by one of Iron Bloomers recipes- Coffee Jello. (Forgive me IB for using instant granules!) I topped off this recipe with a splash of Kahlua, whipped cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I didn't know if I was in a caffeine stupor or in love! What a fantastic combination!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a double boiler mix the salt, cinnamon, cornstarch, sugar, and milk.
- Stirring constantly cook until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour 1 cup of hot mixture in with the beaten eggs and stir.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the pot along with the chocolate bits and continue cooking until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in the instant coffee and vanilla.
- Serve warm or allow to cool.
- Cover with plastic wrap for a softer set.
- Serve with a dollop of whip cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and or a splash of Kahlua.