Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
These cookies are packed full of chocolate, nuts, and chunks of your favorite candy bar! A great cookie to include on your holiday cookie tray, to give in gift baskets, or just a special treat anytime!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet semisweet chocolate chunk, divided
- 3 -4 ounces favorite chocolate candy bars (Snickers is my favorite! See Note)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla to creamed mixture; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Stir in 2/3 cup pecans and 2/3 cup chocolate chucks into cookie dough.
- Cut candy bars int small pieces and set aside.
- Using a large scoop, drop dough onto stone or cookie sheet, about 3-inches apart.
- (Cookies will spread when baking.) Flatten scoops slightly with palm of hand.
- Lightly press a few pecan pieces, a few chocolate chucks and a few candy pieces into each cookie.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until cookies are almost set.
- (Centers will be soft, do not over bake.) Cook for 5 minutes on stone or cookies sheet.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- ~NOTE~Chocolate candy bars with nougat and nuts are favorite choices for this cookie.
- Also delicious are chocolate covered peppermint patties, chocolate covered caramels and chocolate peanut butter cups.
My son works in an office full of women. Every two weeks I send him with homemade cookies. Tried this last week, they were a fabulous hit. I added the semi-sweet choc. chips and a coarsely chopped Hershey's milk choc. bar. On the top I also put chopped Snicker's bar, milk choc bar and pecans. I doubled the recipe and it made 24 large cookies. After years of baking on the best recipes, I will be making these for a long time. Taking them to my co-workers next.
Wish I could give this one more than 5 stars! These are so delicious. And easy too. They taste just like they came from a bakery or coffehouse. Definitely in my pile for Christmas cookies!
These are awesome cookies! I have tripled the batch, using different kinds of candy bars on each dozen. For those who crave a peanut butter taste to their cookies, Reese's work awesome with this recipe!