Kim D.'s Note:
These cookies are packed full of chocolate, nuts, and chunks of your favorite candy bar! A great cookie to include on your holiday cookie tray, to give in gift baskets, or just a special treat anytime!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet semisweet chocolate chunk, divided
- 3 -4 ounces favorite chocolate candy bars (Snickers is my favorite! See Note)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- 4Add egg and vanilla to creamed mixture; beat well.
- 5Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- 6Stir in 2/3 cup pecans and 2/3 cup chocolate chucks into cookie dough.
- 7Cut candy bars int small pieces and set aside.
- 8Using a large scoop, drop dough onto stone or cookie sheet, about 3-inches apart.
- 9(Cookies will spread when baking.) Flatten scoops slightly with palm of hand.
- 10Lightly press a few pecan pieces, a few chocolate chucks and a few candy pieces into each cookie.
- 11Bake for 14-16 minutes or until cookies are almost set.
- 12(Centers will be soft, do not over bake.) Cook for 5 minutes on stone or cookies sheet.
- 13Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- 14~NOTE~Chocolate candy bars with nougat and nuts are favorite choices for this cookie.
- 15Also delicious are chocolate covered peppermint patties, chocolate covered caramels and chocolate peanut butter cups.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Serving Size: 1 (943 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.1
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 184.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g