Top Review by FoodieFanatic
I made these spoons to put in Christmas food baskets that I am making for family members this year. They will be enjoyed in the coffee, cocoa and tea mixes I made for everyone!
- 170.09 g semisweet chocolate pieces
- 113.39 g milk chocolate pieces (or White, mint Chocolate)
- 20 plastic spoons
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a piece of waxed paper on a cookie sheet large enough to hold 20 to 24 of your plastic spoons.
- Place semisweet chocolate pieces in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate begins to melt. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth.
- Dip spoons into chocolate, tapping the handle of the spoon against the side of the pan to remove excess chocolate. Place spoons on waxed paper; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Place milk chocolate (or chocolate of your choice) in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate begins to melt. Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth. Place the melted chocolate in a small, heavy self sealing bag.
- Using scissors, make a small cut in the corner of the bag; drizzle on or both sides of the covered spoons, making a decorative pattern.
- (Small dots, zig-zag lines, circles, etc.) Refrigerate spoons for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set. Wrap each spoon separately in clear or colored plastic wrap.
- Use ribbon to tie off plastic wrap. Store in a cool dry place for 2 to 3 weeks until ready to give as gifts.