Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love mocha and these just hit the rigt spot..great with iced tea
Make and share this Coffee Hermits..cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- cream crisco and brown sugar, together --
- blend in egg.add water.set aside.
- sift next 6 ingredients together and mix into sugar mixture.
- fold in remaining ingredients, drop by rounded tspfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets -- about 2" apart.
- bake at 350* for 10 minutes.
- **I usually dissolve the instant coffee granlules into the 2 tbls water.warmed a little.