Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A rich and spiced coffee beverage for a crowd
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, cut into 12 strips
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, cut into 12 strips
- 9 cups coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract
- In a suacepan over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add brown sugar and spices. Allow to cool (mixture can now be stored in the refidgerator till ready to use).
- To serve combine 1 teaspoon butter mixture, 2 tablespoons cream, 1 strip of orange and lemon peel, 1/8 tsp rum extract and 6 ounces coffee.
- Stir well.
Lovely lovely coffee beverage. I enjoyed it very much. It was deep, dark, citrusy and spicy. I really enjoyed the addition of the rum extract. I used whipped cream and garnished with dried orange rind. I will make this treat again and again. Made for Comfort Cafe SnowQueen Round 01/10. :)