Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted by request
Spiced Sweetened butter
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon spiced sweetened butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dark rum
- 3⁄4 cup very hot strong brewed coffee (sweetened, if desired)
- whipped cream
- grated orange zest
- Make the butter: in a small bowl, combine all the butter ingredients, beating well with a spoon or stiff spatula to incorporate.
- Use immediately or place the butter mixture on a sheet of waxed paper and roll it into a log shape about the side of the original stick of butter, twisting the paper together at the ends to smooth out the log; the butter will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- The grog: put 1 tablespoon Spiced Sweetened Butter in a mug or Irish coffee glass; add the rum and coffee; stir to partially melt the butter.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with orange zest; serve immediately.